Civil Design Engineer
SME is seeking a Senior Consultant to join our busy Infrastructure Services group in Metro Detroit (may be located in Plymouth, Shelby Twp., or Detroit).
- Project management including, but not limited to: Developing scope of services; preparing proposals; reviewing contracts; planning and managing project activities; delivering project deliverables on time and within budget; timely preparation of invoices; and assisting in collection activities if/when required.
- Assisting in Client Development, including, but not limited to: networking with technical and business organizations; developing a list of new prospects; contacting new prospects/ and developing new prospects into SME clients.
- Assisting and maintaining existing and new SME clients. Client maintenance activities shall include, but not limited to: participation in technical organizations and committees, client visits, meeting clients for lunch and other related activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Registration
- 10 years of related experience.
- Ability to build a practice by bringing or establishing a network of prospects and clients.
- Demonstrable experience in project management data evaluation, validation and visualization, due diligence, report preparation and report review.
- Demonstrated client maintenance capabilities and strong understanding of project economics, contracting and liability management.
- Ability to synthesize data and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other Team Members and Clients.