Senior Project Engineer
SME is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for a regular, full-time position to join our team in our Columbus, Ohio office. This is a key role within our Geotechnical Services team. Activities will include working with key clients and prospects to secure business opportunities, and managing a wide variety of engineering and design projects.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have related experience in consulting engineering practice and familiarity with Mathcad, Slide, CT shoring, and Allpile or LPile.
- Ability to build a practice by bringing or establishing a network of prospects and clients to get new business.
- A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as-needed basis.
- Team Member must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Identify and solve problems, and work well in a team environment.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Exemplify safe work practices and follow the company's compliance standards.
- Punctual and hard worker.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to train and motivate staff.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills.