Sr. Professional Engineer-Stormwater Infrastructure
A Senior Professional Engineer position is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department, Stormwater Management Program. We are seeking the talent and experience of someone who can lead and supervise the Stormwater Field Engineering Team that is comprised of engineering technicians in the management, coordination and execution of complex and dynamic drainage maintenance projects; and, the originator of small reactive capital drainage projects. The position will interact closely with residents to provide a high level of customer service regarding drainage concerns.
The Senior Professional Engineer provides direct support to the Engineering Manager and will assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives; monitor work activities; and make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
The Senior Professional Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Manage and supervise the Stormwater Field Engineering Team
- Develop solutions (maintenance related or capital improvements) in response to investigation of drainage concerns
- Provide maintenance/drainage associated technical support to internal stakeholders
- Perform design reviews and provide feedback for Stormwater and Transportation and Public Works Capital Improvement Program projects that include stormwater infrastructure
- Consultant contract administration and project management
- May require some field work, and will necessitate occasional attendance at evening and weekend public/stakeholder meetings
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field
- Three years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer of which two years must be within or related to the area of assigned responsibility.
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Customer service experience
- Ability to present complex concepts clearly and effectively
- Solid understanding of drainage principles
- Knowledge of proper customer relationship/customer service practices (i.e., having the ability to deal with customers, while maintaining favorable public relations)
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance of public infrastructure
- Knowledge of Hydrologic and/or Hydraulic modeling experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience preparing construction plans and specifications is preferred
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- GIS proficiency is preferred