Civil Engineer, Dam Structures (C)
Organization: Resource & River Management
Department: Dam Safety Structures
Location: Chattanooga or Knoxville, Tennessee
Posting Open: 6/28/2021
Posting Close: 7/19/2021
**The ideal candidate will possess the following**
- Structural design experience of concrete and steel structures
- Experience in structural and seismic analysis of concrete and steel structures
- Experience performing inspections and/or risk assessments on dams and locks
- Experience with structural instrumentation and data evaluation
- Plan and manage projects including scope, schedule, budget, and technical quality
- Ability to mentor lower level engineers and interns
- Serves as a technical expert for engineering analysis, design, and evaluation of concrete dams, navigation locks, and appurtenant concrete and steel structures.
- Performs, directs, or reviews studies or design work on dams and appurtenant works. Assists in the evaluation of dam performance and instrumentation data. Develops design guides and criteria, as required.
- Provides support during dam safety emergency and emergency preparedness drills.
- May serve as project engineer for assigned projects. Duties include leading the project team, establishing and accomplishing valid requirements, monitoring all phases of project performance, approving project changes within approved limits, and conducting lessons learned reviews at project completion. May provide technical direction to engineers and support.
Supervision and guidance are provided by the first-line manager and are generally limited to overall objectives, general guidelines and policy, and work priorities. Plans and executes the work with minimal supervision
In-depth Knowledge in Structural Analysis of Concrete and Steel Structures. Broad Knowledge in Dam Engineering, Dam Safety Inspections, Dam Performance Monitoring and Instrumentation, Concrete Technology, FEA, Environmental Permitting; Construction Processes; Leadership; Supervision; Communication and Interpersonal; Sound Knowledge of all Engineering Disciplines; Project Management; Engineering Economy; Dam Safety Guidelines.
Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration Requirements/Other Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering school is required. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
Several years of experience as a professional Civil Engineer working with the engineering analysis, design, and evaluation of concrete dams, navigation locks, and appurtenant concrete and steel structures.
License as a Professional Engineer is highly desirable.