Engineer Project Manager 2 - Roadway
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is seeking a mid-level civil engineer experienced in roadway design in our Central Administration Building in Middletown, PA. This Engineer Project Manager 2 position is in our Roadway Engineering Unit which is responsible for the ride quality and safety devices along the 553 mainline miles of Commission owned mainline roadway along with 526 ramps that add another 370 lane miles. The engineer will manage the design of roadway projects across the entire Turnpike system. Primary duties include but are not limited to the following – Project Manager for roadway resurfacing and roadway rehabilitation projects, performing median barrier, guiderail and impact attenuator inspections and upgrades, and completing superelevation and drainage Investigations.
Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in engineering or other related discipline.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license. Must obtain and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license within six (6) months of employment.
- Two (2) years as an Engineer Project Manager 1 with the PTC.
- Six (6) years of engineering experience in a transportation environment. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience training may be accepted.
- Possession of a valid Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate may be used to substitute two (2) years of experience in a transportation environment.