Engineer Project Manager 3 - Contract Management
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is seeking a mid-level civil engineer experienced with in review of plans, specification and estimate packages for construction bidding and constructability knowledge for our Central Administration Building in Middletown, PA. This Engineer Project Manager 3 position is in our Contract Management Unit, which is responsible for the review of PS&E packages, specification updates, and procurement of construction contracts. The engineer will manage the review and procurement of various projects across the entire Turnpike system. Primary duties include but are not limited to the following – review of plans, specifications, cost estimates, advertisement of projects, bid openings, procuring the construction contract and updating commission specifications.
Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in engineering or other related discipline.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license. Must obtain and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license within six (6) months of employment.
- Four (4) years as an Engineer Project Manager 2 with the PTC.
- Ten (10) years of engineering experience in a transportation environment. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
- Possession of a valid Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate may be used to substitute two (2) years of experience; OR, Possession of a valid Professional Engineer (PE) license issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers may be used as a substitute for four (4) years of experience.