Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer in Puget Area
Being a Water Resources Engineer at GeoEngineers is an exciting career opportunity that will allow you to work with a collaborative multi-disciplinary team on projects that make a difference in the communities we live in. You will play a key role in GeoEngineers’ highly regarded water and river engineering practice, which includes projects focused on habitat restoration, culvert and fish passage design, floodplain/wetland design, and flood control projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. You will have flexibility to design and build solutions for clients that enhance ecosystems, watersheds, and communities. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Develop plans, specifications, and engineers cost estimates for a variety of water and aquatic resource projects
- Develop natural channel restoration and fish passage designs including floodplain restoration
- Develop large woody material placement designs with and without anchor systems
- Complete complex engineering analyses and calculations such as hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and analyses, including scour analysis and streambed material design
- Coordinate projects from start to finish including field data collection
- Prepare technical reports using GeoEngineers and client templates
- Provide technical review and mentorship of junior engineering staff.
Please note that this job is available at the following offices: Tacoma, Seattle, Redmond and Bellingham.
GeoEngineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
- BS in Civil Engineering with experience in Water Resources required, MS preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer registered in Washington State; preference for additional registration in OR and ID
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Preference for having completed a minimum of one successful fish passage project in Washington in the last year and four successful fish passage projects in Washington in the last five years.
- Training and experience must include use of 1- and 2-dimensional hydraulic models (e.g., HEC-RAS), with preference for candidates with experience using SMS and SRH-2D
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS (ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro)
- Experience with Bentley-MicroStation/InRoads v8i SS2 preferred
- Experience with hydrologic analysis software (e.g., HEC-SSP, MGSFlood, WWHM, HSPF)
- Experience with sediment transport modeling preferred
- Experience developing designs and bid packages including design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates
- Construction observation experience preferred
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with clients, both public and private preferred
- Experience developing job proposals/scope and fee estimates preferred,
- Knowledge of environmental planning and regulations, fluvial geomorphology, and fish biology in the Pacific Northwest desired
- Ability to successfully work within a team, as well as professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license