Civil Engineer PE
This position requires a qualified professional engineer to manage the design and construction of a variety of projects, including surveying, site plans, drainage, utilities, horizontal infrastructure (roads); and commissioning requirements supporting military/commercial/industrial new and retrofit for building and infrastructure construction. Position includes responsibility for project schedules, budgets and design requirements; preparation of design plans, project specifications and cost estimates; inspection of construction projects; and close interaction with a multidisciplinary staff of engineers and scientists. Experience applying the skills required to projects for Department of Defense facilities, including demonstrating an understanding of the unique requirements of the active military is regarded as a plus. Requires the application of a general knowledge of the physical sciences and mathematics underlying engineering, and specialized knowledge of the mechanics of solids (particularly of soils), hydraulics, theory of structure, strength of materials, engineering geology and surveying.
- Prepares specifications or construction cost estimates
- Conducts site visits to document conditions
- Prepares civil design for sites and projects
- Prepares civil detailing for construction drawings
- Assists in the preparation of written reports
- Plans, designs, constructs and/or maintains structures and facilities that provide shelter, support transportation systems and control natural resources.
- Investigates, measures, surveys and maps the earth’s physical features and phenomena.
- Conducts research and development activities.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned projects.
- Assists in the planning, designing, and monitoring of projects for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements.
- Assists in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities; determine resources and perform long-range planning.
- Reviews consultant-prepared design drawings, indicating basic design corrections, prepare technical specifications, review engineering plans for compliance with numerous regulatory acts.
- Assists in the evaluation of contract bids, make recommendations to higher-level engineers regarding feasibility studies and assist in the management of large-scale construction projects.
- Uses construction inspection report data to prepare payment estimates as a recommendation for payment of contractors.