FIELD SERVICES/PROJECT MANAGER - CO SPRINGS, CO
CTL|Thompson Inc. seeks a Field Services Manager for its Colorado Springs, CO office. The ideal candidate will be at least a Project Manager level geotechnical or materials engineer who can work with owners, contractors, and designers to complete successful, quality projects. The successful applicant will provide review, oversight, and problem solving for construction projects primarily associated with commercial, industrial, and residential buildings, as well as site development. Work will be primarily geared toward projects; however, client service and business development will also be required.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Related Field, Master of Science preferred
- Current Professional Engineer License
- Experience: minimum of seven years of experience
- Construction observation and materials testing experience during the development and vertical construction of commercial, residential and industrial projects. Knowledge of expansive soils, shallow and deep foundations, concrete and masonry construction, slope stability and/or earth retention structures is required, with local experience desired.
- In addition to strong engineering skills, this individual must possess an understanding of construction methods and client relations.
- Increasing experience in managing complex projects
- Increasing maturity and soundness of judgement in decision making and solving project-related problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of staff
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential
- Strong desire and ability to provide client-focused service are required
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide direct engineering service and project management with full understanding of, and consistent use of, in-house project management tools and the ability to successfully delegate project responsibilities to other staff.
- Develop New Clients/Projects - In working with past clients or as the primary contact with new clients, listen for and seek out new projects that may exist or are being formulated. Regularly perform business development. Participate in the development of proposals and contract negotiation.
- Be a Primary Contact - For those clients that will best be served by being the primary contact or when this is requested by the client, be the individual that is the lead contact for interaction with firm and the client’s decision maker.
- Participation in administration which involves increasing responsibility in activities that include, but are not limited to, aspects of development and ongoing management of the project management process, financial management (including monitoring project status and accounts receivable).
- Be a Public Relations Ambassador - Be proactive in presenting and communicating the capabilities and strengths of the company to all stakeholders
- Oversite and engineering during construction projects
- Writing and reviewing proposals, reports, and letters
- Providing engineering consultation
- Attending project meetings
- Managing projects
- Various levels of personnel management based on experience
Project Managers are paid an annual salary between $70,000.00 and $100,000.00 plus discretionary bonuses. Our offer will be based upon individuals experience and qualifications. Our full-time employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes medical, life and long term disability insurances. Voluntary benefits options include dental, vision, supplemental life, short term disability, a flexible spending account and others. Retirement benefits include a 401K and profit sharing plan.
As leaders in the industry, CTL|Thompson employs only those with technical excellence and professionalism. Individuals exhibiting these qualities are attracted to CTL|Thompson by the potential for professional growth and advancement within our organization, and the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders.
CTL|Thompson, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disabled.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
1. Verification of your right to work in the United States, as demonstrated by your completion of the I-9 form upon hire and your submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the I-9 form) verifying your identity and work authorization within three days of starting employment.
2. Satisfactory completion of a drug test from a laboratory certified by Colorado and chosen (and paid for) by CTL|Thompson. The laboratory will collect and test the drug test samples, for which the required notice will be included with any employment offer and for which the required consent forms will be provided by the laboratory.
3. A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with the company automobile insurance policy guidelines.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY:
Please note that CTL Thompson, Inc. will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee in the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CTL Thompson, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CTL Thompson, Inc.