Director of Engineering
About the Organization:
At Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) we believe in enriching life through clean water and resource recovery. We are a passionate team who work together to recover resources and clean wastewater for return to nature 365 days a year through our innovation and expertise.
About the Position:
The Director of Engineering will exercise leadership to protect and advance the health, safety and welfare of the public through the practice of engineering and delivery of sustainable infrastructure.
The Director provides high-level managerial work, guiding the overall functions of the Engineering Department. Key service areas include capital project management, including civil, mechanical and electrical planning, as well as design and construction activities for wastewater collection and treatment infrastructure. Reporting to the Chief Engineer and Director, this position manages a progressive team of professional engineers and technicians.
Salary, Benefits, and Qualifications:
The District provides a competitive compensation package, including a salary range between $114,400 to $154,800 annually, DOQ, participation in the top-rated Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), and excellent health, dental, and other insurance, as well as generous vacation and sick time.
How to Apply: To be considered for this position you must submit a Resume and a one-to two-page Cover Letter addressing the following:
- Describe your experience managing complex public works construction projects. Include the dollar amount, experience in working with contractors, and experience handling problems that arise during the construction.
- Describe your experience leading or supervising employees. Include the number of employees, their job titles, and number of years of experience in this area.
- Describe your experience leading the development of sustainable infrastructure.
Submit your guided cover letter and resume online at https://www.madsewer.org/Careers.
The Madison Metropolitan Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to equity, diversity and inclusiveness, and seeks to create a cooperative, welcoming community for all. Individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Progressively responsible experience managing engineering programs and projects, which includes at least two years leading and/or supervising employees.
• Proven professional engineering experience managing public works capital projects, preferably in the water or wastewater sector.
• Registered professional engineer in the State of Wisconsin, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of appointment.
• Certified as an Envision Sustainability Professional.
• Demonstrated leadership to adequately and competently address issues surrounding sustainability in all phases of an infrastructure project.
• Master’s degree in engineering, management, or related field.