Public Works Project Manager (Irvine)
COME BE PART OF AN ESTABLISHED & GROWING FIRM!
CANNON IS NO ORDINARY CONSULTING FIRM.
WE HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT MANAGER TO EXPAND OUR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PRESENENCE.
CANNON’S CULTURE provides exciting opportunities for professional growth and outlets for team building. We strive to provide opportunity for personal growth and a balance between personal and professional life. Not only do we work together, but we also enjoy spending time together outside of work. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
SINCE 1976, we have provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. With offices throughout California, we continue to grow!
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING a PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT MANAGER for our IRVINE office. Located in Orange County, Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is one of the top bicycling cities in America with close to 300 miles of on-road bicycle lanes and 45 miles of mountain bike trails. It’s one of the safest communities in America and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS INCLUDE Wastewater Treatment Facilities * Collection Facilities * Water Distribution Systems * Water Treatment Plants * Storm Drainage Collection Systems and Facilities * Water Main Replacements * Potable Water Pump Stations and Reservoirs.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE managing projects, preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and great Public Works projects. Assignments may include mentoring less-experienced team members on AutoCAD Civil 3D. In this role, the Project Manager may also be responsible for obtaining new business (seller-doer). For a detailed description on job duties, visit www.CannonCorp.us and click on “Careers”.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your resume and cover letter on-line at the “Careers” section at www.CannonCorp.us. EOE/AA
Or click on this link to apply –https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CANNON&cws=39&rid=457
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
- Requires minimum 8 years’ experience in Civil Engineering specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires minimum 2 years’ of project management experience pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires a California P.E. license.
- Previous experience working with the City of LA preferred.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used in civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Hydrology and Hydraulic, AES, WSPG, Flowmaster, etc.)
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
- A proven track record and strong desire of providing superior client service and delivery.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time within budget.
- Experience in staff management, mentoring and resource management a plus.