Civil Associate Engineer in Public Works (Irvine)
COME BE PART OF AN ESTABLISHED & GROWING FIRM!
CANNON IS NO ORDINARY CONSULTING FIRM.
WE HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A CIVIL ASSOCIATE ENGINEER IN PUBLIC WORKS!
CANNON’S CULTURE provides exciting opportunities for professional growth and outlets for team building. We strive to provide opportunity for personal growth and a balance between personal and professional life. Not only do we work together, but we also enjoy spending time together outside of work. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
SINCE 1976, we have provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. With offices throughout California, we continue to grow!
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING a CIVIL ASSOCIATE ENGINEER for our IRVINE office. Located in Orange County, Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is one of the top bicycling cities in America with close to 300 miles of on-road bicycle lanes and 45 miles of mountain bike trails. It’s one of the safest communities in America and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS INCLUDE Wastewater Treatment Facilities * Collection Facilities * Water Distribution Systems * Water Treatment Plants * Storm Drainage Collection Systems and Facilities * Water Main Replacements * Potable Water Pump Stations and Reservoirs.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE assisting team members with a variety of tasks on a wide range of Public Works projects. Assignments may include mentoring less-experienced team members on AutoCAD Civil 3D, grading and earthwork design, and representing the company in coordinating with agencies, clients, and other consultants. For a detailed description on job duties, visit www.CannonCorp.us and click on “Careers”.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your resume and cover letter on-line at the “Careers” section at www.CannonCorp.us. EOE/AA
Or click on this link to apply –https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CANNON&cws=39&rid=459
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
- Requires 6 years’ experience in civil engineering and design specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires a California P.E. license.
- Capable of managing a project from start through construction administration and handling multiple assignments concurrently.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Highly proficient with code principles and able to convey them to others.
- Proven expertise in design.
- Experience in management of client relationships.
- Experience in hydrologic / hydraulic analyses a plus.