Civil Engineering Project Engineer / Project Manager
The qualified Project Engineer / Project Manager will:
Have comprehensive technical knowledge within the civil engineering field.
Monitor and track project and task progress, aged accounts, invoices and budget, and is responsible for overall project performance.
Assist in developing schedules, budgets and proposals (contracts).
Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of civil engineering project tasks and desire to continue to develop Project Management and Engineering skills.
Perform design work including Civil 3D BIM modeling of surfaces, accessible features, pipe networks, and hydrology features.
Coordinate production of several tasks and / or projects concurrently.
Work independently on civil engineering matters within area of expertise. Have the confidence to ask for assistance and training if needed.
Provide mentoring, training and coaching to other team members. Willing to share knowledge with others and willing to take feedback and learns new skills from other team members.
Communicate and coordinate project requirements with the project team and consultants.
Adhere to company policies and can articulate CaliChi’s mission statement to team members and clients.
Be passionate about civil engineering design, and take pride in high quality deliverables and exceeding our Clients’ expectations.
Value a flexible workplace and be mature enough to handle independent work in various locations including partial work from home.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 3-7 years of experience with a focus on urban redevelopment for projects in the sectors of education, affordable housing, senior housing, high density and commercial mixed-use, and/or commercial / retail projects
- Licensure in Civil Engineering in the State of California is preferred but not required
- Qualified SWPPP Developer / Practitioner certification is preferred but not required
- Thorough knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning codes and approval process as well as technical knowledge in civil engineering field
- Experience in managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with other team members, Clients, other consultants, and company Owners
- Possess strong drive, motivation and initiative
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, high standard of professional personal care, and conscientious
- Has experience in reading plans and drawings from other consultants on team including: structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, geotechnical, survey, and environmental
- 3 years of experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3-D including surfaces, grading, pipe networks, profiles, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship