Supervising Engineer (Water Quality Treatment)
This position will be responsible for supervision of a project delivery team of engineers and technical staff within the Watershed Protection Department’s Project Design and Delivery group with a focus on stormwater treatment.
The candidate would be responsible for:
- Leadership and overall team management: Set goals and then guide/mentor the team to execute and deliver.
- Identify viable projects, make clear work assignments and be accountable of project delivery performance for the portfolio of projects assigned to the team.
- Self-perform as required individual design projects to contribute to the team’s output.
- Other activities include technical assistance to internal/external customers and responding to more complex citizen drainage problems.
- Direct experience in project planning, sponsorship and/or project management for stormwater treatment and other stormwater infrastructure improvements.
- Proven experience in leadership and empathy while interacting with field crews and other internal professional staff.
- Agility, collaborative skills, self-motivated and ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- The interpersonal skills needed to interact with citizens when explaining technical matters and describing City levels of service related to drainage infrastructure management.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in applying engineering principles and practices related to stormwater management.
- Demonstrated skills and experience being a positive change agent in guiding teams through organization realignments in support of department missions and objectives.
- Knowledge and experience in the planning, design and construction of Water Quality treatment type projects.
- Knowledge and experience with field construction management and techniques involved in stormwater drainage infrastructure.
- Demonstrated success in providing leadership for a project delivery team.
- Project management Professional Certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience in water resources engineering hydraulics, hydrology (including hydrologic and hydraulic modeling techniques including two-dimensional modeling) and stormwater asset management.
- Knowledge of City of Austin Land Development Code.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering, plus eight (8) years of related experience acquired either before and/or after licensing as a professional engineer, including two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas
For additional requirements and information regarding this position and to apply, please visit the City of Austin website: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/90229