Structural: Bridge Design Engineer Manager
Martin/Martin seeks an experienced Bridge Design Manager to lead our Bridge Design team. The position offers an opportunity to grow the bridge design group with the premier structural engineering firm in the Rocky Mountain Region. The bridge design team at Martin/Martin supports internal land development and transportation design groups as well as completing bridge design work directly for public and private clients. The Bridge Design Manager will work closely with the Bridge Operations Team, Transportation Team, and the Structural Engineering Department of approximately 120 engineers.
In addition to technical expertise required to complete projects, the position requires the following broad activities:
§ Manage a team of engineers and designers to complete construction documents for bridges, retaining walls, drainage structures and other civil structures.
§ Provide mentoring and career development to members of the bridge team.
§ Coordinate design work of civil structures internally with transportation and development teams.
§ Coordinate work internally with our bridge operations team.
§ Assist with business development in pursuit of bridge and transportation projects.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering with a structural engineering focus.
- 12 years of experience in progressive bridge and transportation design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AASHTO, ACI, AISC and FHWA codes and standards.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado or ability to obtain within one year.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project software and other general software.
- Experience in bridge design using structural steel, cast in place concrete, and prestressed concrete.
- Design experience of drainage structures such as box culverts and large vaults and stilling basins.
- Demonstrated innovative solutions for complex structural engineering problems.
- Excellent analytical, technical, writing, and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with multiple priorities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in managing and developing a production team.
- Attention to detail, delivering quality work products, and excellent client services.
- Experience in management civil structures as a part of larger transportation infrastructure projects.
- Experience with design-build project delivery of bridge structures.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering focus.
- Licensed Structural Engineer.
- Experience with structural analysis software packages for example Midas, Bentley’s Conspan, and RCPier, CSI Bridge, SAP 2000, AASHTOWare BrR and BrD, BRASS-Girder, BRASS-Culvet, BRASS- Pier.
- Highway and railway bridge inspection and rating skills.
- Proficient with MicroStation, Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Knowledge and experience with AREMA standards