Senior Engineering Water Resources Office Lead
This position requires a strong background in water resources engineering, solid project management skills, and experience teaming with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop business relationships with both public and private clients
- Acts as advisor to the team regarding projects, tasks, and operation
- Communicate with various municipality, utility, subcontractors, and government regulating agencies
- Lead the development of technical submittals including letters, technical reports, figures, and tables
- Stormwater and/or groundwater modeling, planning, and design
- Site civil and water resources design
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
- Perform occasional field work
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Possess effective analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret and spot issues in complex technical, scientific, abstract information, designs, and diagrams
- Energetic, detail-oriented team player
- Lifting up to (35) pounds unassisted
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Possesses acceptable vision (with or without corrective lenses) to be able to see and navigate a computer screen
- Ability to go out into the field and construction sites
Who are we?
Here at Taylor Engineering, we are a team. We succeed together, and, on rare occasions, we fail together. We are a group of professionals in a business casual, team member-focused environment. We support career growth and personal development. We work hard, and we play hard—always doing both while upholding our Vision and Values. We are servant leaders, seeking to help our clients and the community at large. We are quirky, sometimes comical, and if you strive to be your best, you belong with us.
You are not a number at Taylor and our benefit plans show we take care of our people. From flextime to playtime and from the boardroom to the classroom, you’ll find a slew of policies and programs designed to benefit you. We offer medical and dental at no cost to the employee, vision, group life, medical leave, short- and long-term disability, accrued paid leave, 401k match, as well as…
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Generous PTO
- Licensure, training, continuing education, and tuition reimbursement
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flextime scheduling and work from home options
- Seven paid holidays and two floating holidays
- Wellness incentives and monthly fitness reimbursement
- Health savings account, flexible spending account, and health reimbursement options
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Relocation reimbursement package (if necessary)
Considering relocating to or within the state of Florida? No need to wait until retirement to enjoy the sunny and warm climate, world-renowned beaches, and attractions. Florida is one of a few states that charges no state income tax, and our cost of living typically trends below the national average, depending on where you decide to call home.
Located on Florida’s west coast, Tampa is known for its museums, vibrant art scene, endless water activities, and walking trails. Tampa offers many family friendly attractions with the Florida Aquarium, Busch Gardens, Zoo Tampa and many more nature and wildlife areas. With a thriving dining and nightlife scene, explore historic Ybor City and Hyde Park neighborhood. The city of the 2021 NFL Super Bowl Champions, Tampa hosts several sporting events from the Outback Bowl for College Football, their Major League Baseball team, the Tampa Bay Rays, and the Tampa Bay Lightning, their National Hockey League. Some of the best beaches in the world are in the Tampa Bay metro area. Just a short drive away from the city of Tampa are Clearwater Beach, St. Pete Beach and Pass-a-Grille beach, which routinely make “best beaches in the U.S.”.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related water resources discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- 11-15 years of experience in water resources
- A Florida Professional Engineer license required
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with surface water, groundwater, and integrated modeling codes such as HEC-RAS, ICPR, MIKE-HYDRO, MIKE-SHE, and/or SWMM preferred