Opportunity in Energy Efficiency Analysis
*Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Opportunity in Energy Efficiency Analysis with the Building Technologies Office is now accepting applications.
What will I be doing? As a member of the team, you will both learn how to:
- Conduct research on relevant topics to building energy efficiency including international, national and local policies, market barriers, and technologies.
- Provide timely support to BTO staff and leadership.
- Engage with BTO team members to ensure that analyses meet stakeholder needs and furthers BTO’s mission.
- Understand and communicate the results from BTO’s suite of analytical tools on program performance and BTO’s progress towards achieving its goals.
- Support strategic planning and program/project management for the Building Technologies Office.
Why should I apply? You will collaborate with the Energy Efficiency Analyst in DOE’s Building Technologies Office and will be engaged in providing insightful analysis that informs BTO decision making and communications.
Where will I be located? Washington, DC
You will receive a competitive stipend, an allowance to offset the costs of health insurance, research travel and materials up to $10,000, and relocation expenses reimbursement up to $5,000.
You must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and completed or be in the process of completing a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree.
Questions? Email DOE-RPP@orise.orau.gov. Please list the reference code [DOE-EERE-STP-BTO-2021-1200] for this opportunity in the subject line of your email.
A complete application consists of:
- An application
- Transcript(s) - For this opportunity, an unofficial transcript or copy of the student academic records printed by the applicant or by academic advisors from internal institution systems may be submitted. Selected candidate may be required to provide proof of completion of the degree before the appointment can start.
- A current resume/CV
- Letter of Recommendation
All documents must be in English or include an official English translation.
The resume/CV must include the following:
- Basic applicant Information: Name, address, phone, email, and other contact information.
- Work & Research Experience: List all work and research experiences beginning with current or most recent. Include the name of the employer, location, position held, and time period involved.
- Leadership Experience: List experiences (e.g., work, civic, volunteer, research) that demonstrate your leadership skills. Detail your role, type of experience, organization, location, and duration.
- Educational History: List all institutions from which you received or expect to receive a degree, beginning with current or most recent institution. Include the name of the academic institution, the degree, the date of award, and academic discipline.
- Honors & Awards: List in chronological order (most recent first) any awards or public recognitions. Include the name of awarding institution, title of the award or honor, and date of award or honor.
If you have questions, please send an email to DOE-RPP@orise.orau.gov. Please list the reference code for this opportunity in the subject line of your email.