Professional Engineer - Stormwater Planning
A Professional Engineer position is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department in the Stormwater Management Division. The Division is ready to hire a highly motivated Professional Engineer and a team player to help with our Stormwater Capital Improvement Program planning and prioritization efforts.
The City of Fort Worth offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefit package, which includes life, health and various additional coverage options, as well as a pension program for our career employees. This full-time position is in Downtown Fort Worth with easy access to Intermodal Transportation Center, beautiful river trails, and great restaurants.
The Professional Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Support with reviewing technical reports, developing conceptual hydraulic models to identify potential solutions and priorities for stormwater problems in the city.
- Managing data in GIS and other databases.
- Candidate may also have the opportunity to assist with reviewing capital improvement plans, managing contracts, and identifying partnership opportunities with other city departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience, including two (2) years in stormwater management.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or ability to secure Texas registration within six months of employment. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment
- Valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS), hydrology and hydraulics with experience or a willingness to utilize tools such as ArcMap, HEC-RAS, Infoworks ICM etc. to evaluate citywide Stormwater issues
- Skillful with Microsoft excel, powerpoint, and word for data analysis, presentations and writing reports when necessary
- Interested in working in a office environment on a computer every day but occasionally perform site visits as necessary
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.