At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land "One of America's Best". The Engineering Department has an opening for a Project Manager.
The Project Manager, under the general supervision of the Assistant City Engineer, serves as Project Manager of public improvement projects in the City, oversees design and construction; seeks additional funding sources for public improvements and prepares applications for submittal; works to establish a close working relationship with other agencies; assists staff as required; performs related work as required.
- Assists in the development of contracts for construction, professional services and other consulting services.
- Manages and monitors assigned projects. Tasks include:
- Oversee the Design of the Project;
- Monitor and report on the status of Project Schedule, Funding and Payments;
- Coordinate the Review of Plans, Specifications, and Estimates for Compliance with City Standards and Ordinances;
- Assist in Construction Administration, Management and Inspection.
- Coordinates with and provides information regarding assigned projects to staff, administration, council, boards, and/or the public. Receives and responds to inquiries/complaints. Investigates requests and performs on-site field investigations accordingly. Responsible for the overall completeness and quality of assigned projects.
- Assigns and oversees work or others; coordinates and reviews work of consulting engineering firms.
- Makes presentations to City Council, Boards, and Commissions as requested by the CIP Manager.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by the City Engineer or designee.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Science or other related field or equivalent experience.
Relatable Work Experience:
- At least five years of experience in design, construction management, and project management
- Experience in project scope development, construction estimating, and field inspection
- Experience in project scheduling and coordination, project management and general construction practices
- Experience with tracking project budgets and schedules
- Experience with reviewing engineering design and specifications
- Extensive experience with preparing project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
Training (License and/or Certification):
- Valid Texas Class C driver license
- Certification in project management or equivalent (PMP or OCM)
- Professional certification as engineer (PE or architect)
- Experience in managing CIP in municipalities
You must complete a City of Sugar Land Employment Application on the City's website to be considered for this recruitment.
Please visit our employment page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sugarlandtx?page=1 to apply online.
Internal Link: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/sugarlandtx/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1