Senior Project Manager
SME is seeking a regular, full-time Environmental Services Project Manager to join our team in our Plymouth headquarters office or Detroit office to play a key role on our Environmental Services project management team. Activities will include working with key clients to revitalize and reuse contaminated sites and assist owners with understanding and managing their regulatory requirements.
You will have the following position responsibilities:
- Mentoring and leading other project team members to successfully complete assignments and support their growth.
- Collaborate with other SME service areas (such as civil/survey, geotechnical, and construction materials testing) on multi-service projects.
- Development and implementation of environmental site investigations, due care evaluations, brownfield redevelopment strategies and environmental response actions, including remediation, on a variety of projects.
- Demonstrable experience in site investigation; data evaluation, validation and visualization; due diligence; due care evaluations; and report preparation.
- A comprehensive understanding of environmental conditions and application of regulations (e.g. Part 201, Part 211/213, Part 115, RCRA, TSCA) for environmental compliance, redevelopment, and construction;
- Project management experience, including mentoring and leading project teams, developing work scopes and fees, managing project budgets, and understanding contracting and liability management.
- Demonstrated client maintenance capabilities.
- Exceptional ability to synthesize data and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other team members and clients.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience (preference will be given to candidates with experience in Environmental Consulting), 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training, and a BS or MS in Geology, Hydrogeology, or Environmental Engineering. Strong candidates with other academic backgrounds may also be considered.
- Life-long learner attitude with insatiable curiosity
- Natural collaborator with excellent soft skills