Years of Experience: 1-2 Years
Category: Civil Engineer I, II (Experienced 1-2 years)
Gonzalez-Strength & Associates, Inc. (GSA) is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our Hoover office. GSA is a consulting engineering firm with specialties in Land Planning, Site Civil, Landscape Architecture, Transportation, Infrastructure, and Surveying. GSA is seeking to fill a position for the Site Civil department. Candidates will be active in the designing public and private sector developments. Project sizes range from approximately one (1) acre to several hundred acres. Project types include residential subdivision, commercial retail and office developments, public municipal buildings, and institutional and nonprofit developments. Field experience in implementing development plans and/or previous office experience in design of development plans are considered beneficial. The position includes working on land planning, grading, storm drainage, utilities, soil erosion and sediment control, and regulatory inaction as needed for successful site development. Strong CAD skills are considered a positive.
GSA offers a competitive salary and benefits package with as well as a collaborative environment that provides significant opportunities for professional growth and participation in exceptional projects.
- Will acquire basic knowledge and develops skills in a speci?c practice area.
- Will apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Will be allowed to exercise limited judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods for conventional work.
- Will perform basic design tasks.
- Will assist on other tasks such as: preparation of permit applications, material testing, drawings, and computer-aided design (CAD) work.
May assign tasks to and coordinate with technicians or administrative staff.
- GSA will provide close supervision on unusual or dif?cult problems and detailed review of all aspects of work.
- Position includes interaction with staff, general public, of?cials, and contractors.
Licensure and Certification:
- Engineering Intern
- Member of professional organization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.