Mid- to Senior-Level Civil Engineer
Gonzalez-Strength & Associates, Inc. (GSA) is a consulting engineering firm with specialties in Land Planning, Site Civil, Landscape Architecture, Transportation, Infrastructure, and Surveying. GSA is seeking to fill a position for the Site Civil department. Candidates will be active in the designing public and private sector developments. Project sizes range from approximately one (1) acre to several hundred acres. Project types include residential subdivision, commercial retail and office developments, public municipal buildings, and institutional and nonprofit developments. The position includes working on land planning, grading, storm drainage, utilities, soil erosion and sediment control, and regulatory inaction as needed for successful site development. Strong CAD skills are required.
About the Position:
GSA is searching for a Mid- to Senior-level Civil Engineer. Current P.E. License in the State of Alabama or ability to obtain an Alabama P.E. within six months is required. Our ideal candidate will be a professional who possesses a knowledge and understanding of both civil engineering design and project management. Previous experience working with State of Alabama and County agencies is favorable.
In the role of Civil Engineer, we'll count on you to:
- Assist Senior Project Manager
- Manage civil engineering projects in Alabama and/or the Southeast United States
- Perform pre-design, programming, and feasibility studies.
- Review and extract relevant information from topographic surveys and maps, as-built drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Prepare engineering basis-of-design and detailed design documents.
- Prepare engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Prepare cost estimates and special provisions.
- Comply with relevant federal, state, and local codes and standards.
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator with business development efforts related to your expertise.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years civil engineering design experience.
- A minimum of 5 years project management experience.
- Professional Engineer Registration for Alabama required or Professional Engineer Registration in another State with ability to obtain reciprocity.
- Previous experience with State of Alabama and County agencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products.
- Team-oriented and able to work with different personalities and professional styles.
Skills & Knowledge Qualifications:
- Understanding of land surveying; good knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering; good knowledge of the methods and equipment used in construction; ability to design and draft assignments using AutoCAD; ability to interpret specification and contract essentials; ability to do mathematical computations as applied to engineering problems; ability to effectively use computer applications such as CAD programs, spreadsheets, word processing, email and database software.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and schedules.
- Ability to complete simple to moderately complex design work; interpret plans, specifications and land descriptions; prepare maps, plans, profiles and cross-sections.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; ability to interface well and work effectively in a team environment; willingness to learn and support project management activities.
- Ability to work in a team setting and get along well with others; work with accuracy; reliability; resourcefulness; good judgment.
- Ability to understand construction plans.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MicroStation, and ArcGIS.
- Previous experience working with state departments of transportation
- Previous experience in stormwater design.
Work Conditions and Benefits:
- Salary competitive and negotiable. Range of $75k to $115k, depending on experience.
- Full-time position
- Monday through Friday. Some overtime expected.
- Benefits included: medical, vision, dental, and 401K.
How to Apply:
Email the following materials:
- Cover Letter that summarizes your qualifications for this position
- Resumes / CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.