This position, located in the District 4 Design/Preliminary Design, will be responsible for supervision and engineering guidance to technical staff in production of layouts, final plans, hydraulics, environmental documentation, and other supporting documents.
- Actively participate in the project development process.
- Support MnDOT’s quality management initiative in the work done in the Design/Pre-Design Sections.
- Ensure design standards are considered in work being done internally and on external work by others via permits or local let projects.
- Exercise supervisory authority so that applicable labor agreements and plans are equitably administered and employees perform assigned job duties to achieve the annual objectives of the section.
- Demonstrates personal safe work practices acting as a role model to others.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
- Earn 13 days paid sick time
- Flexible work schedule may be available
- Vision insurance available
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Paid parental leave available
- Training opportunities
- Relocation reimbursement may be available
- And more!
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID ”46186” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Internet Job Board – ASCE .
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
- Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID). (If obtaining licensure through Comity, a temporary permit from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of post-registration engineering experience at the Engineer Senior level (or equivalent) that demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all phases of program delivery including scoping, pre-design, final design, and construction.
Apply for Design Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly