Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer
Position requires thorough knowledge of structural design and engineering techniques. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Frazier standards.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Structural engineering calculations.
- Structural engineering plans, designs, and layouts.
- Structural project specifications.
- Preliminary Structural engineering design for project proposals.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes, specifications and standards (AISC, IBC, RMI, AISI, ASCE, ASTM), engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Layout and detail portions of projects using schematic layouts and sales drawings
- Provide drawings and sketches for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
- Research design options and document findings.
- Review shop drawings.
- Serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on projects.
- Direct and supervise Designers/Drafters activities on projects.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, sprinklers, etc.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
- Attend and participate in Client and Frazier meetings.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate with Project Management to determine designs that take into consideration installation methods and/or limitations.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Manufacturing.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Structural civil, with a major in Structures and 5-10 years of experience with advance knowledge in structural engineering.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- RISA, SCIA or equivalent finite element analysis software.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline Clients.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Licensed SE or PE is preferred.
- Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification.
- Knowledge designing in accordance with Chapter C “Design for Stability” of the AISC Code.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When performing outside Frazier’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Frazier and/or Client as required.