Responsible for the civil engineering discipline on the Project Engineering Team of the Portfolio Management Office. Primarily responsible for completing construction work packages (CWP) and executing civil, structural, architectural projects. Provides civil, structural, architectural discipline engineering on project teams in which the typical deliverable is the CWP or work order to execute construction. CSA Technical proficiency is used to effectively design and implement projects and to apply innovative improvements to the plant infrastructure.
- Responsible to complete all items for successful project execution including development of scope, cost and schedule. Provide CSA engineering including discipline-specific requirements, interpret and comply with laws & regulations.
- Participate in C2 process with direct supervisor.
- Create and maintain team atmosphere with effective communication to project sponsors and engineering management. Effectively work simultaneously with multiple project teams.
- Maintain site engineering documentation systems which include record prints, engineering drawings and site Zone Drawing management and site infrastructure documentation.
- Provide regular status communication of project activities to the Engineering Team, Manufacturing Teams, Project Sponsors and individual/groups within HSC. The communication should provide understanding to specific resourcing, financial status, and interaction with other HSC management systems, e.g. MOC process, Recommendation Management System, etc.
- Participate in maintenance of HSC SSG’s.
- Provide technical expertise and personal responsibility to complete and sign off on CSA engineering tasks on the MOC form.
- Participate with the infrastructure teams to identify key and execute reliability projects/opportunities which align with and support the manufacturing and infrastructure plan.
- Provide and update resource planning on project activities.
- Provide technical engineering assistance to the site regarding HSC specifications, governing codes, and their interpretations.
- Provide engineering assistance to address EXP action items, incident investigations, and site operational management systems.
- Provide MOC support by reviewing and signing off that MOC tasks have been completed correctly.
- Exhibit the required Safety behaviors of the chemical plant, including Safety Meeting attendance.
- Report and communicate to Project Managers in a timely fashion on all relevant project activities. This can be different based on each project execution plans.
- Time Confirmation management in SAP.
- Accountable for engineering which supports and complies with the laws and regulations and budget spending compliance.
- CSA discipline expertise in ASCE, AISC, ACI, ASME, ASTM, NFPA, ANSI codes and HSC SSG’s.
- Project planning and execution knowledge.
- Abilities to run structural engineering programs.
- Skills, knowledge and abilities to engineer structural steel, concrete, masonry, underground piping systems, site work, architectural and Building Code.
Close Date: August 3rd
HSC is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at:
or email your request to
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.