The South Jersey Port Corporation (SJPC) is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Director, Engineering. The SJPC is an agency of the State of New Jersey, which builds, maintains and operates marine terminals in the South Jersey Port District to create economic opportunities and to enhance the region’s intermodal transportation system. The SJPC owns and operates the Joseph A. Balzano and Broadway Marine Terminals in the Port of Camden, the Salem Marine Terminal at the Port of Salem, and is constructing the Paulsboro Marine Terminal at the Port of Paulsboro.
Reporting to the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Engineering is responsible for the following:
- planning, developing, organizing, and directing all construction and maintenance activities at the SJPC;
- lease agreement compliance of major tenant improvements;
- developing and delivering the SJPC’s Capital Program, Operating Major Works, and tenant construction;
- maintaining and repairing all Port assets and infrastructure to maintain them in an ongoing state-of-good repair;
- developing and maintaining condition survey inspection routines;
- following up with implementation of immediate, priority, and routine repairs;
- developing programs, projects and capital to support the continued growth and success of the Port; and
- managing and monitoring all environmental programs and activities at the Port.
Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Professional Engineering license. PMP certification is highly desirable.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in engineering or a related field is required. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in project engineering related to design and construction of Port or related multi-discipline large capital projects.
- Working knowledge in maritime industry operations, environmental issues and compatible land use related to seaport development and operations.
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey per the “New Jersey First Act,” N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L.2011, Chapter 70) effective September 1, 2011.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential from the Transportation Security Administration per 33CFR105 federal regulations. SJPC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.