Are you a civil engineer with at least 3-8 years of work experience looking for a dynamic opportunity? Are you interested in being a senior level designer or even Project Engineer for your team? Do you have experience in storm drainage, water transmission and distribution, water transmission and storage, roadway design, or other utility infrastructure? Have you worked in private development, public infrastructure design, or federal installation infrastructure? If you answered yes to these questions, we could have an opportunity for you!
At Calibre, we’re growing quickly with sustainable goals for growth and development, and we’re looking to expand our civil engineering teams. In this Engineer II position, you will work directly with the Project Engineer and Project Manager on private, federal, and local agency civil engineering projects located in Colorado and across the country. As an Engineer II, you will have high levels of responsibility for your project work, and you will be working your way toward a Project Engineer position.
We strive to offer our engineers diversity in workflow, and we offer a wide variety of project types to all of our teams, including: residential homes, commercial and industrial sites, military base infrastructure, and local agency infrastructure. Your projects will include a wide variety of disciplines within the civil engineering field, such as water and sewer analysis and design, storm drainage modeling and Low Impact Design, and design and roadway infrastructure.
If you are interested in this position, please apply!
· Independent engineer with high levels of responsibility for design and execution of projects
· Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
· Review studies of geotechnical, environmental, and transportation reports to identify engineering parameters and assess the potential impact to the projects
· Plan and design projects following construction and government standards, using design software and AutoCAD Civil 3D
· Compute grading requirements with respect to earthwork balancing, shrinkage factors, overexcavation and groundwater considerations
· Ability to layout water and sewer plans based on flow study assessments and jurisdictional parameters
· Estimate quantities and complete cost-benefit analysis for materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility
· Prepare or present project deliverables, such as drawing packages, specifications, drainage reports, utility studies plats, and bid proposals to jurisdiction or the client
· Provide technical advice regarding design and construction to junior engineers
· Keep abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting engineering design
Typical projects include: private, federal, and local agency civil engineering projects located in Colorado and across the country. There will be a wide variety of project types including: residential homes, commercial and industrial sites, military base infrastructure, and local agency infrastructure. Projects will include a wide variety of disciplines within the civil engineering field, such as water and sewer analysis and design, storm drainage modeling and LID, and design and roadway infrastructure. This person will be located in either our Highlands Ranch or our Westminster Office.
· 3-8 years of experience
· Fully proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D for designing and drafting
· BS in Civil Engineering
· Fundamental of Engineering (FE) or Professional Engineering (PE) certification
· Additional certifications, like PMP, CFM, LEED, are favorable
About Calibre Engineering, Inc.
Calibre Engineering is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that started with civil engineering services and has expended to offer structural engineering, construction phase services, surveying, landscape, and owner's representation services. Headquartered in CO, we have opened production offices in ND, CA, NC, AZ, and VA to help meet our coast-to-coast project demands. We have worked in nearly all 50 states, as well as in the Bahamas and Marshall Islands. Our resume includes private development, municipal improvements, and federal installations alike, providing services for more than $1 Billion in construction since 2007. Projects range from massive roadway alignments to residential master plans, from citywide drainage planning to mountain resorts, from commercial centers to school developments, from military training facilities to rehabilitation centers, and everywhere in between.