Under general direction, responsible for the sale of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment and systems to primary decision makers with owners, contractors and consultants responsible for new construction and renovated buildings. Builds and manages long-term customer relationships/partnerships with target mechanical contractors and construction management firms. Promote the ThermalNetics, Inc., value proposition to contractors and consultants by providing technical solutions to the customer’s business and operational needs as well as demonstrating applicable technical knowledge. Execute the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and in discovering, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Utilize sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis. Seek to expand the depth and breadth of offerings within that account.
• Sells, with minimal supervision, ThermalNetics’ offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on the design of new construction and renovation of existing buildings. Manages multiple, ongoing projects, particularly focusing on selling HVAC equipment and systems.
• Builds partnering relationships with contractors and consultants responsible for decision making to drive the system sales of ThermalNetics, Inc., offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer’s business and speaks their language. Demonstrates technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
• Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple contractors and consultants. Develops network of contacts. Observes checkpoints in the sales process that are buyer-driven such as bid documents. Demonstrates technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal to the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position ThermalNetics, Inc. Qualifies and assesses potential customers. Refers leads to other business segments.
• Addresses customer’s operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates ThermalNetics, Inc., services and products from competitors based on business benefit.
• Positively and credibly influence systems design and construction with contractors and consultants. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, represents and communicates bids. Negotiates value, addresses resistance when demonstrated and closes the sale.
• Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively. Leverages ThermalNetics, Inc. sales process to close sales quickly. Manages the high activity of the sales pipeline with a focus on bid documents, bid date, close of sale date.
• Leads the sales team by building and fostering team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff.
• Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Knows when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving.
• Attends and presents at trade shows.
• Complete the sales process by ensuring total customer satisfaction at completion of project.
ThermalNetics, Inc is a growth company that was founded in 1972. We employ approximately
30 people and have annual sales of approximately $25M. Our corporate mission is “serving
customers with innovative HVAC solutions”. In striving to provide the most economical owning
experience for the end user, we provide equipment and services to ensure the air we breathe in
our schools, hospitals, commercial buildings, etc. is something that will allow us all to live happier,
healthier, and safer lives. We also do all we can to give people the chance to grow. Our
employees enjoy working at a place that offers a small company environment with big
company objectives. You’ll be challenged to innovate, encouraged to apply your knowledge
and will be well-rewarded for results.