• This position is for a full time Project Manager to assist the Program Manager in the management of a variety of transportation projects and activities. Duties include developing project definition and scope, writing Requests for Proposals for engineering design, consultant selection, management of the complete design process, review of design and construction cost estimates, assisting in right of way acquisition and utility coordination. This position will require working with professional consultants, advisory boards, citizens and City staff and elected officials.
• The candidate is expected to meet attendance standards as determined by management. A typical work week is 40 hours, Monday through Friday. Occasionally he or she will be called upon occasionally to work overtime, such as attendance at public hearings and City Council meetings.
• The candidate will be subject to rotational after-hours on call responsibilities, also subject to participate Public Works emergency response/severe weather operations including uncommon shifts
• Minimum education requirements include a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field or demonstrated equivalent such as a combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience. • Valid driver's license required. • The ability to get along with other coworkers, design consultants and city officials is required.
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in civil/transportation engineering field. • A valid Georgia PE license is preferred. • Candidate should have a strong technical background with the design and construction of various types of transportation projects including road and intersection improvements, sidewalks and multi-use paths. • Experience with creating and/or reviewing transportation design drawings. • Proficient in Microsoft Office • Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. • Experience with managing projects through the GDOT plan development process (PDP) • Local government work experience is a plus. • Experience with transportation design consultants in Georgia is preferred. • Proven experience delivering multiple projects with various funding sources on time and within budget. • Experience giving presentations in public settings for technical projects to non-technical audiences. Physical Requirements/Working Conditions: • Employee must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all safety policies and policies and must be willing to report and/or act on safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel; • Expected to meet attendance standards as determined by management. Employee must be available and willing to work according to the assigned schedule. Must be available and willing to work overtime (including daily, weekend and holidays) as determined by management as necessary to meet the business needs; • Provides rotational after hours/on-call support for up to one week per month • Provides Emergency Operations Center support, as needed • Performs duties in a combination of outside work and an office environment. Job requires employee to perform duties at a job site; at times working alone and at times working very closely with others; • Requires outside work, subject to all types of weather and temperature conditions. Incumbents may be exposed to commonly encountered chemicals, solvents, fumes, smoke, and gases found in any around construction sites and various types of surfaces, including slippery or uneven surfaces; • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, the use of both eyes and the ability to adjust focus; • Ability to work in a fast paced environment to complete a multitude of tasks; • Performs a variety of tasks; • A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Internal Number: 1114
About City of Sandy Springs, GA
In addition to being a wonderful place to live and do business, the City of Sandy Springs, itself is also a great place to work for, offering a wide range of jobs and opportunities. With over 500 employees, and competitive pay and benefits, the City of Sandy Springs is the ideal place to both begin and advance your career.